Fairmont Schools has an opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist with a proven track record in all aspects of HR. This position will work with a dynamic HR team, partnering with campus administration and business units on all HR matters. The candidate will have a wide-range of experience with a concentrated focus on HRIS, professional development, training, recruitment and employee relations. Working in partnership with the team to establish, implement, and update HR processes that will contribute to the development of the business and to secure Fairmont Education Group as the leading education company in the local market. Supporting the idea of having the right competence at the right place at the right time; by providing effective strategies to address performance issues and create effective development plans for employees within our organization.
Main tasks will include:
- In support of the HR Business Partner, process internal hire applications, facilitate the performance management systems, on-boarding process, workers compensation, and rewards and recognition programs.
- Support the implementation of processes, procedures, policies and forms to be in compliance with federal and state standards.
- Partner with the campuses to attract, develop and retain talent in a global work environment.
- Work to further incorporate the online performance management system throughout the organization to promote and sustain a highly accountable and effective workforce.
- Support the training of managers on HR issues, regulations and responsibilities, including investigating and resolving allegations, charges and complaints; proper administration of the corrective action process
- Coordinates training programs, facilitates events, seminars, and conferences that involve planning and scheduling the activities of trainers and other support personnel, and arranges for facilities.
- May conduct training programs that include, but are not limited to, making presentations, facilitating group discussions, and leading and monitoring group activities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training programs, facilitated events, and seminars.
- Assumes responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned
Knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources
- 3- 5 years professional Human Resource experience, preferably in services and/or a school environment
- Proven self-motivated, action orientated individual
- Strong background in administering a Human Resources Information System. Experience with ADP payroll products and Human Capital Management systems a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State, and Local legislation regarding employment and labor laws
- Experience in organizational development within higher education and/or a multi-site global organization
- Experience in companies < 250 employees as well as > 1,000 employees
- Knowledge of the local and international labor markets in order to support innovative methods of meeting and/or exceeding our global business priorities
- Computer aptitude – previous experience with Microsoft applications; ADPpayrolls, Workforce Now; Learning Management Systems; Smartphone efficient
Apply For This Position
- Contributes to an environment where the Fairmont culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of colleagues and thrives on employee engagement.
- Displays an eagerness and desire to understand the Fairmont Education Group global business model and customer needs.
- Has the ability to share knowledge and learning with others
- Has strong interpersonal, communications, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Is able to maintain confidentiality at all times and in all situations
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Is able to coach and mediate, especially with sensitive employee relations matters
- Pays strong attention to detail
- Specific work experience during the growth phase of a service organization; 30% added in a 3-5 year period