HISTORIC ANAHEIM CAMPUS
KINDERGARTEN - 8TH GRADE
Home to a Kindergarten-8th grade program, the Fairmont Historic Anaheim campus has a rich history of academic and athletic achievement dating back to the school's founding in 1953. Historic Anaheim students win academic and artistic awards year after year, including a 19-year First Place winning streak in the Orange County Academic Pentathlon. Historic Anaheim Junior High is the recipient of the Blue Ribbon of Excellence, the highest award designated to a school by the U.S. Department of Education.
The historic campus features both modern and turn-of-the-century buildings and includes a gymnasium, cafeteria, athletic field, swimming pool and outdoor play areas in addition to multiple science labs, a computer lab, and a library. Students and teachers also benefit from state-of-the-art educational technology resources in the Technology Education Center.
Fairmont teams have won the OC Academic Pentathlon for the past 19 years - a record unmatched by any other school!
FAIRMONT HISTORIC ANAHEIM QUICK FACTS:
- Beautiful grounds, extensive play areas, library, pool, gymnasium, 2 science labs (elementary and junior high), and athletic field
- Accelerated curriculum at all levels including an Advanced Math Track that prepares all students to work above grade level and allows exceptionally gifted students to take high school level classes (Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Calculus ABC)
- Opportunities for students to participate in national, state, and local competitions
- Music program that includes orchestra consisting of students in 2nd-8th grade
- Focus on individualized instruction including ability grouping within the classroom and academic assistance for acceleration or remediation outside of the classroom
- Proprietary curriculum includes Spanish, art, music, technology, and daily physical education for all students